Friday, April 11, 2008

The Catalog

Python and pyglet makes for wicked fast progress!

Instead of getting carried away and trying to write a widget library from the bottom up, I'm just going to repurpose what I have and refactor later on.

Basically I took the Bubble code, copied, pasted and modified it to work in the vertical direction, resulting in a widget.List class.

I took the easy way out and repurposed the scene reader to read in catalog pages from a spreadsheet. Each sheet is a page in the catalog. Each row describes a catalog page item. Name, image, creation code, etc.

Now I need to generate thumbnail images for each item because the actual sprites are too big. Joy.

I also need to implement scrolling at some point.

Getting closer though!

No comments: