Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Milestone 1 Achieved!!!


Hey! I got the little dude moving around under keyboard control.

Not bad for 3 days work, considering I'm writing a game engine in addition to the game itself.

I fixed the way that a scene is described in a spreadsheet that is totally wicked. The cell where the girls are at contains the following.

[StoneBlock(), RampWest(), RoboCatGirl(), RoboCatGirl()]

Each cell represents a stack. By being able to dynamically evaluate this in Python not only was I able to get rid of the dictionary approach I was using, It opens up some interesting possibilities!

Most exciting of those is to write procedural block generators.

[FloodFill([GrassBlock()])]

Oh yeah! I'm getting pumped up now baby!

I give more credit to the guy behind Python than my own genius. Guido van Rossum. Any relation there to R.U.R. (Rossum's Universal Robots)? Just kidding. He's my new superhero!

No comments: