Tuesday, April 1, 2008

RoboCute: An RPG Board Game


In order for this to be a game by the time PyWeek 6 ends, I need to scale down my ambitions somewhat, for now.

My thinking is to create a board game with RPG elements.

I think it will be fun. The Cuties will have robots as protagonists in the game, sort of like Team Rocket.

Rules: Rough Draft

Players roll the dice and pick up goodies on the block their Token/Avatar lands on.

Paths can split and rejoin. The Token/Avatar will query the user on these choice points.

Some blocks may contain mini-games. (This may be for a post-Pyweek version)

On random occasions Team Robo, whatever, will attack.

Battles will be purely non-physical/psionic and amusing. Rock, Paper, Scissors Attack!

In Closing

I have a lot of work to do in the next 4 days!

No comments: